BOTSWANA SPORTS HALL OF FAME (BOSHOF)
Objectives of the Botswana Sports Hall of Fame;
- Preserve the heritage of sport in Botswana.
- Recognize those who have made a significant contribution to the sport of Botswana.
- To keep a record of the growth of our sport success.
- To have a facility or building to display photographs, memorabilia, equipment, and clothing.
- To promote sport
- To inspire future generations
Categories of Members
There shall be two categories in which persons can be selected and honored as a Member of Botswana’s Sports Hall of Fame.
An athlete who distinguishes him/herself as a competitor.
Team- a team is more than one athlete (such as pairs, relay teams, or team sports) and as a unit, achieves outstanding accomplishment.
Individuals whose efforts as leaders, administrators, officials, coaches, business leaders, media, or in other roles make an outstanding contribution to sports in Botswana.
- The Hall of Fame facility has been established at the National Stadium VIP Grandstand, with displayed photographs of the inductees.
- A total of 24 inductees have been inducted to the Hall of Fame since the first induction in 2014.
- The latest (2019) inductees to the Hall of Fame are Tsietsi Kebualemang, Sensei Socca Moruakgomo, and the late Sam Sono.