Heroes Sport Mentorship Programme
The HEROES mentorship programme is a project at the BNSC mainly aimed at capacity building of coaches and elite athletes in various National Sport Associations to mentor youth through sport.
- The two main objectives of the programme are ;
- Capacity building of coaches at grassroots level so as to empower the young athletes.
- To empower the elite and young athletes to be leaders and mentors to their peers and others in their communities
- The Programme was launched in 2015 as a collaboration between the BNSC and PCI Botswana.
- There are currently 30 Mentors under the Programme, being active and former athletes.
- The programme aims at building a holistic athlete in the form of a leader who can be able to impart knowledge, skills and experiences to those people he/she is in contact with in their daily lives.
- This is beneficial to shaping our youth to become positively active citizens of our country.
- A Financial Literary Workshop was conducted for the Mentors.
- Mentors from the Programme attended the RBBH National Sports Festival in Maun in November 2019.
- The Mentors actively participated in the 6th Edition of Botswana Games held in December 2019 in Gaborone